Relationship, Love & Dating Forum
Here you can get advises from experts and other members, meet new friends, share your thoughts and learn how to be successful in love and dating. Join our community, a free global peer-to-peer support forums targeted for interpersonal relationships focused on online dating.

Home » Love, Friendship & Relationships chat » Love Stories » Poetry And Picnic
Poetry And Picnic [message #5515] Wed, 26 October 2011 20:00 Go to next message
dave88 is currently offline  dave88
Experienced
IP: 145.236.156.152
I think one of the most romantic dates I've ever had was when my then boyfriend and I went to the library for books about photography and on the spur of the moment, just for fun, also chose a book of romantic poems. From it came our romantic date.

We made an old fashioned picnic lunch - complete with lemonade, fried chicken, chocolate cake and blanket, all packed into a basket, and then, we found a very beautiful spot by a stream in the wooded area near our home. It was such a relaxed, romantic feeling and he actually read love poems to me as we listened to the birds sing!

I think our hurried lives in this day and age cheats us out of the wonderful romantic moments our grandparents took for granted as they courted. It was a wonderful afternoon and the feeling stayed with us for some time. I have several books of poetry in my personal library now and every so often I will read one aloud to my honey just to surround us with that sweet and tender feeling of romance.

Re: Poetry And Picnic [message #6233 is a reply to message #5515] Wed, 21 March 2012 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feniko is currently offline  feniko
IP: 68.37.5.205
thats true i do that wen i go for a picnic with my girl i like to take some wine also it spices things up a bit i believe

be naughty review
Re: Poetry And Picnic [message #6284 is a reply to message #5515] Wed, 23 May 2012 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daygamedatingcoach is currently offline  daygamedatingcoach
Expert
IP: 124.106.19.36
that's great dave!
dating is always a fun experience when done the right way.
just have fun and relax.
Smile
Re: Poetry And Picnic [message #6356 is a reply to message #5515] Fri, 13 July 2012 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neiljohnson85 is currently offline  neiljohnson85
Established member
IP: 116.203.5.140
As I watched from my spot on the blanket,
Chasing the ants and the flies.
I see a small boy in the distance,
I hear the farm animals cries.

I see a beautiful meadow,
Perhaps it was once used for hay.
A big granite rock in the center,
Too large to move out of the way.

The boy runs hastily toward it,
Emitting a guttural scream.
His crooked stick thrust out before him,
A blade of steel in his scheme.

He attacks the rock with a furry,
Stabbing and slicing away.
Then he climbs to the top in his glory,
The dragon he's managed to slay.

From atop the dead carcass he scouts,
To see if his kingdom is right.
Then with a bound he descends,
And runs toward the trees, out of sight.

My husband returns to the blanket,
I tell him of what I've just seen.
He sighs as if with remembrance
I swear in his eye was a glean.

I'll always remember that picnic
Not for the food that we ate.
But for how it makes me imagine my husband,
As a swaggering pirate at 8.

The Modern Man
Re: Poetry And Picnic [message #6907 is a reply to message #5515] Wed, 30 January 2013 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessa2013 is currently offline  jessa2013
Experienced
IP: 112.198.246.120
You have cute happenings in your past.
Re: Poetry And Picnic [message #7010 is a reply to message #5515] Mon, 04 March 2013 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trish0102 is currently offline  Trish0102
Expert
IP: 112.198.77.222
That was so sweet. Dates don't have to be lavish. As long as you are with the one you love and you are both enjoying what you are doing, then it would surely be a memorable one.
Re: Poetry And Picnic [message #8705 is a reply to message #5515] Wed, 01 October 2014 11:22 Go to previous message
sydney is currently offline  sydney
Expert
IP: 27.124.58.194
The ideal romantic date is something simple. Going out together to see an orchestral concert, or play is the best. Followed by a nice dinner, and then over to his house to cuddle and watch a movie A picnic in a secluded spot by a river followed by a walk I think it would be going out to dinner, then taking a walk on the beach and the couple kissing laying on the sand. My idea of a perfect date is a romantic dinner for two in a quiet secluded restaurant followed by a horse and carriage ride in the park. then that would be followed by going back to his or your place and spend the night cuddling in front of a glowing fire

Read this blog for the best tips Attract a Woman| Text Flirting
Previous Topic: New article - How to find your True Love
Next Topic: loving older women
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 24 21:23:03 EEST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00778 seconds