Relationship, Love & Dating Forum
Here you can get advises from experts and other members, meet new friends, share your thoughts and learn how to be successful in love and dating. Join our community, a free global peer-to-peer support forums targeted for interpersonal relationships focused on online dating.

Home » Love Forum » Ask a Female » How should I get out of the position I'm in?
How should I get out of the position I'm in? [message #5519] Thu, 27 October 2011 20:23 Go to next message
dave008 is currently offline  dave008
Established member
IP: 145.236.156.152
In the past few months, a friend I have known for about a year and I have really connected. I have had feelings for him in the past, but because there were difficult circumstances, I never made those feelings apparent. But because we have been talking a lot more in the past few months, both of us had expressed mutual feelings for each other. I was very hesitant at first to get closer to him since I have had several situations in the past where I have been led in circles and strung along with no commitment, only to be told "things aren't working out". So naturally I am untrusting of any guys intentions unless he is to prove himself to me. Yet, this is something I can really see working out, with some effort because we both click so well.

The main problem is, we live a few hours away. Yet he still calls every day and we can talk for hours about anything. And he asks about my day, when we'll get to see each other next, etc. The way we talk to each other it feels like I am in a relationship. But as of now there is no title. I don't know where this is exactly going, and I dont know how to approach the question without making anything awkward... I would hate to not give it a try, and i don't know where he stands on this. What is the best approach to this issue? Thank you for your help .

Re: How should I get out of the position I'm in? [message #6895 is a reply to message #5519] Mon, 28 January 2013 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trish0102 is currently offline  Trish0102
Expert
IP: 112.198.82.207
Try to give yourself a chance to be happy with him. Even if your past relationships were not successful, it doesn't mean that you will deprive yourself from finding another love. Getting hurt is part of growing up and you will regret in the end why you didn't try your luck with this guy.
Re: How should I get out of the position I'm in? [message #6927 is a reply to message #5519] Mon, 04 February 2013 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessa2013 is currently offline  jessa2013
Experienced
IP: 120.28.231.208
Talk to him about your status and figure each self about your feelings for each other. Ask him if he really serious about you and make commitments..
Re: How should I get out of the position I'm in? [message #9430 is a reply to message #5519] Tue, 22 December 2015 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NickLox1 is currently offline  NickLox1
Experienced
IP: 31.40.108.180
You may choose to look the other way but you can never say again that you did not know. So don't get lost. Give it a try. Go find the place that you're wishing for. Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today. And remember: don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps. And if you will lose, real this article to forget about everything that bothered you http://blog.livedating.me/how-to-stop-loving-someone-who-doe snt-love-you-back/
Re: How should I get out of the position I'm in? [message #9531 is a reply to message #5519] Thu, 21 January 2016 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LeePalm44 is currently offline  LeePalm44
Expert
IP: 71.6.196.165
At first, you need to think about your feelings toward him. Then think about whether you want this relationship, in order to not bring inconvenience! You are ready. You just afraid of something and you have to step over this fear. Think twice, because you can lose him. I think you will not feel very nice if he begins to date with one of your friends after your refusal to meet with someone from your friends and acquaintances. You will feel sorry that refused this idea! If you need it, do not miss your chance! - The chance to love and to be beloved!!!!
Re: How should I get out of the position I'm in? [message #9578 is a reply to message #5519] Fri, 19 February 2016 17:08 Go to previous message
Courtney89 is currently offline  Courtney89
IP: 130.180.77.150
I believe LeePalm44 said it best. I don't think I can give advice any better than that. Best of luck! Very Happy
Previous Topic: Wishful Thinking?
Next Topic: I need your advice girls)))
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 24 05:54:17 EEST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00926 seconds