Relationship, Love & Dating Forum
Here you can get advises from experts and other members, meet new friends, share your thoughts and learn how to be successful in love and dating. Join our community, a free global peer-to-peer support forums targeted for interpersonal relationships focused on online dating.

Home » Love, Friendship & Relationships chat » Broken Hearts » Bad experience
Bad experience [message #6080] Thu, 16 February 2012 14:44 Go to next message
keemaya is currently offline  keemaya
IP: 113.193.215.240
I am sure that everyone out there has heard the old saying, "You don't know what you have until it's gone", right?

I met a lovely man that advertised for a long term relationship. I did not reply to his but vica versa. I answered his email and after swapping stories we swapped mobile numbers and we spent one weekend sending love messages to each other, then on Monday last week he phoned me and we spoke for the first time. He told me he loved me, I was what he was looking for etc. Things became very intense, he even planted red roses in his garden, neither of us could sleep, we were emailing, texting and talking over the phone constantly.

Then we decided to meet for lunch. He met me at the railway station holding a dozen red roses in his hands. He also gave me a single white rose in a gold box - romance was in the air. On meeting we felt that we already knew each other, and although we were both nervous we enjoyed each others company. He started making plans for the future and I foolishly listened.

After such a lovely day we both went home to our own children . He has 6 of them and they all live at home. His ex-wife left to go and find herself in Africa, but that was only 2 years ago.

Two days later after very little contact I knew something was wrong, he text me to say he would email me on the Monday and I knew then that it was over before it had begun. And sure enough Monday morning the 'dear John' was waiting for me. He did not want to continue with the relationship as he was not ready and felt like he was drowning, he blamed me I did nothing he did all the chasing. I was heart broken and could not believe a human being who is suppose to be kind, caring etc. could treat me that way. I cried for three days after, I threw out the flowers he gave me, and I could not sleep. I was in shock. I could not understand why he emailed me in the first place if his intentions were not honest. So let other ladies be aware, do not be fooled by 'knights in shining armour' who fall in love with you before they meet you. The feeling I had was so bad I decided that no more did I want to know any men, but surely there are decent men out there somewhere.
Re: Bad experience [message #6095 is a reply to message #6080] Fri, 24 February 2012 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicks is currently offline  nicks
It's a true saying "If they manage to fall" then no one can heart any one. my best wishes are with you but i think you are very lucky that you came to know everything about him very earlier but just think for a minute that if you notice all these things after a very long time then what would have happened.... i can't even imagine about this because it was really very painful.

But on the other hand it as also truly said that "Life does not stop anyone from going out from your life" so don't feel so bad for whom who is not made for you or you can say that he does not deserves you there is someone more better love is waiting for you...... just wait and pray.

Single Russian Women
Ukrainian Brides

Re: Bad experience [message #6122 is a reply to message #6095] Sat, 03 March 2012 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keesingh is currently offline  keesingh
Established member
At first I thought this Internet dating thing might be fun. After all, I'm 47, there are no single folks in my church and my employer has a no-dating rule. Where else would I meet people? But it has turned out to be pretty awful.

In one week on Match.com I met two convicted felons -- one who just got out of prison -- two serious substance abusers, and a lot of guys who feel the yardstick of success is measured in motorcycles.

I thought the thing to do was to let my Internet dating subscription expire, to let it die a natural death before I met one more "non-smoker" who hasn't "quite kicked the habit yet."

Then I saw the Match.com debit on my bank draft. What was this? It wasn't even authorized.

It turns out once they have your bank information, the good folks at Match.com thoughtfully re-enroll you every year without your permission unless you head them off and send a notice of resignation. Resignation? How about a white flag? Someone let me off of this thing!
Russian Brides
Russian ladies
Re: Bad experience [message #6901 is a reply to message #6080] Tue, 29 January 2013 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessa2013 is currently offline  jessa2013
Experienced
IP: 112.198.246.120
Moving on is only the solution to that problem!
Re: Bad experience [message #6909 is a reply to message #6901] Thu, 31 January 2013 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trish0102 is currently offline  Trish0102
Expert
IP: 112.198.77.125
Things do happen for a reason. Maybe you are just not meant to be and there is someone out there who is really intended to be with you. Don't waste your time on someone who makes you feel less wanted and loved.
Re: Bad experience [message #8944 is a reply to message #6080] Tue, 24 March 2015 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maryapple is currently offline  maryapple
IP: 46.203.111.208
Really, it's hard problem! The one thing I can tell - you don't need him! But you can overcome any difficulties, because the main is to believe in yourself!) Once I had such issue... but I didn't "drop my hands" and I did everything for my future life! I can say you that it's necessary to distract your mind from these cares and enjoy your life! Because you have "one life" and "other life" won't be given you! I advise you develop and improve yourself and you'll understand that this life can give you a lot of joys! You must think about yourself, so far as, nobody think about you! Family is very valuable for everyone, but when we grow up, - we start our "new life"! J I wish you good luck!
Re: Bad experience [message #9184 is a reply to message #6080] Wed, 23 September 2015 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LeePalm44 is currently offline  LeePalm44
Expert
IP: 71.6.196.163
One of the most common questions I hear from females is: Why are men so cold and hot at the same time? I liked LiveDatingMe Blog article 5 Steps You Push Her Away (without realizing it) http://blog.livedating.me/5-steps-you-push-her-away-without- realizing-it/ . Guys it's true (y)
Re: Bad experience [message #9216 is a reply to message #6080] Fri, 16 October 2015 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Millionaire Dating Sites is currently offline  Millionaire Dating Sites
IP: 103.22.173.110
so sad to hear. hope you will find your partner soon and lead happy life
Re: Bad experience [message #9512 is a reply to message #6080] Wed, 13 January 2016 11:07 Go to previous message
lisame is currently offline  lisame
Established member
IP: 66.240.233.70
keemaya wrote on Thu, 16 February 2012 14:44
You don't know what you have until it's gone.

"Lost love is still love. It takes a different form, that's all. You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it." - ― Mitch Albom
Previous Topic: How to forget someone
Next Topic: Confused after only a week.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 23 21:24:52 EEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09316 seconds