Relationship, Love & Dating Forum
Here you can get advises from experts and other members, meet new friends, share your thoughts and learn how to be successful in love and dating. Join our community, a free global peer-to-peer support forums targeted for interpersonal relationships focused on online dating.

Home » Love Forum » Ask the Dating Expert » Introduce to his parents (When is he supposed to do this?)
Introduce to his parents [message #8490] Wed, 29 January 2014 20:12 Go to next message
jessica is currently offline  jessica
IP: 71.6.196.163
When you are dating a guy, how do you think when is he supposed to introduce you to his parents?
Is there kind of a rule or standard for these sort of things?
Re: Introduce to his parents [message #8491 is a reply to message #8490] Fri, 21 February 2014 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adviser is currently offline  Adviser
Established member
IP: 91.1.16.243
To my belief, there is no any standards on this.
However, when he introduces you to his parents, its a sign for you that he treats relationships with your as really serious.

I suggest you don't push his on this and just way. Sooner or later a guy would do this step.

Take care,
John the Adviser
Re: Introduce to his parents [message #8492 is a reply to message #8491] Wed, 05 March 2014 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Dating Expert is currently offline  The Dating Expert
Expert
Administrator

IP: 73.56.96.13
I agree with Adviser. Its definitely depends on how your relationship develop.
Its more a sign rather then a thing that can be planned.
If you date for lets say 5 years and he still has not introduced you yet, then it means that he just doesn't take your relationship seriously.
At least he doesn't think about getting married and so on.

Of course there are always exceptions to this rule.
For example, in case when he doesn't have good relationship with his partners.. Probably they do not communicate and that can be the reason why he does not introduce you. But actually this is a sign about something else - its normal to have trustful relationship with parents. So in this case you should clarify why.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 March 2014 11:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Introduce to his parents [message #9127 is a reply to message #8490] Wed, 12 August 2015 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Martens is currently offline  Michael Martens
Experienced
IP: 178.36.56.178
If you have already introduced him to your parents then accordance with the principle of reciprocity he should invite you to his home soon. If you haven't done that - do it and see what will happen.

Re: Introduce to his parents [message #9479 is a reply to message #8490] Thu, 07 January 2016 14:29 Go to previous message
lisame is currently offline  lisame
Established member
IP: 31.40.108.180
Meeting with the parents of your the only and beloved, for which you have decided to ditch the carefree single life, usually happens once.
The ideal period, according to psychologists is in 2-3 months after you decide for yourself to be together like forever lol. Their argument is if you held out for so long, the chance that it will end in a week is not too much.
If you just started your career and can't afford yourself to reserve the place in luxury restaurant, It's better to get acquainted with parents their territory. They will be less tense there. It is possible that home-like atmosphere, with its saucers, jam and quietly muttering TV, will relax somehow everybody.
As for the first visit, it's better to finish your gathering in two hours. Do not let them immediately to get tired of you.
Make them sure that it wasn't our last meeting. And a rate of item is to thank for the fact that they brought up such an amazing person Smile
Good luck
Previous Topic: I like them both
Next Topic: But I have my own opinion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 24 13:09:43 EEST 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01424 seconds