Relationship, Love & Dating Forum
Here you can get advises from experts and other members, meet new friends, share your thoughts and learn how to be successful in love and dating. Join our community, a free global peer-to-peer support forums targeted for interpersonal relationships focused on online dating.

Home » Love Forum » Ask the Dating Expert » when are financial lies multiple times a deal killer?
when are financial lies multiple times a deal killer? [message #10004] Fri, 23 February 2018 19:15
soconfused is currently offline  soconfused
IP: 71.121.220.18
Bf of 6 years has lied about his finances in past to make it sound better than it is (he racked up a lot of credit card debt he couldn't afford). Because of this I never lived with him. We do love each other and have chemistry. He is finally getting his finances back on track after much effort on my part of helping him budget etc and him getting a modest cash gift from family. However I find out that his elderly mother is in credit card debt up to her ears and he is working it out through lawyers to close her account (he handles her affairs as her POA). Trouble is he used that account from time to time when he claims he was short on cash including paying car insurance (every month including up to January) but the REAL issue for me is when I asked a month ago he said he only used her card for gas from time to time (he now says he told me car insurance but I don't recall that at all and then he told me he "forgot" they debited his mom's account every month). What made me ask was I noticed he used her card to pay for an expensive dinner in January and I got really upset so he put his own money in her account to pay it. Today, he tells me he closed his mom's account and is paying down the other one (each month in a good amount) and he called the bank to start debiting his car insurance from his own account (now that I "caught him" right?). I suppose now I need to decide if all these lies should be excused since he wants to move in now? Is it worth the risk ???
Previous Topic: Is it unrealistic to be satisfied with a new partner after 60?
Next Topic: co worker who likes to BS a lot about dating and girls
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jan 25 10:15:10 EET 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01012 seconds